Whether or not Chihuahuas are affected by the winter blues, we are certainly not fond of cold weather.
Chihuahuas are known to love the heat. I for one can never be too warm. I am never far from a comfy blankie.
I also hate the rain. It’s very wet. Who wants to walk in wet grass and sloshy puddles. Boots are out of the question. I don’t like my feet touched. Did you know we use our feet as a sense of smell and to spread our scent? Snow… forget about it. It’s rare to find a Chi that likes playing in the snow.
Here are 10 of my favorite ways to feel better during winter:
- Move to a warm climate. I live in Southern California where it is mostly warm. Although living by the beach can be a bit chilly.
- Have central heat. Keep it warm inside.
- Indoor plumbing for you Chihuahua. Why go outside in the cold and snow when there exists perfectly good piddle pads for easy indoor access.
- Sunlamps and ocean sounds. Just kidding. Sorta.
- A warm, inviting lap. Cover your Chihuahua with a cozy blanket when they’re all settled on you.
- Lots of fun playing with toys and throwing balls. Exercise is always important for you and your Chi. All that movement keeps your Chihuahua warm.
- Play some more. With all that attention we don’t have time to feel blue.
- Food. I love to eat. Most Chihuahuas do. Feed us lots of small treats. You don’t want us to get too fat.
- Clean water. Wash our water dish daily. Who wants to drink out of a slimy bowl of stagnant water. That would make anyone blue.
- Give us lots of love and attention. We’re easy to please.
You may also enjoy this article from PetPlace.com: