Summer is almost here. Why not take your favorite Chihuahua out to eat.
Often I get to eat a treat or two. If my daddy is eating a salad I get a crunchy piece of lettuce and some chicken too. You never know what I might get.
There’s also new people to meet and greet. I usually get to sit on one of my daddy’s lap for a while but I prefer the floor so I can suck up any food items that fall to the ground. Sometimes I catch something at a nearby table.
When dining out with your Chihuahua (or other dog breed), be sure to follow these helpful tips:
- Keep your Chi off the table. Most people would balk at eating off a table that a dog has stood on.
- Keep your Chi quiet. A well behaved Chihuahua is a joy to behold. A yapping, growling one is annoying.
- Bring a toy or safe treat for your Chi to enjoy. Perhaps a chew toy would occupy them for awhile.
- Bring a bowl for water. Most restaurants with outdoor seating do not offer bowl service to dogs.
- Bring a blanket or carrier in case your Chi gets cold or sleepy.
- Be careful of poisonous foods that may fall near your Chi. These include raisins, grapes, seeds, chocolate and such. People do drop food.
- Make sure your Chi will not bite others. Many people love putting their hands on or near a cute little Chihuahua. We don’t always like that.
You can also check out this informative article: