It’s fun taking your Chihuahua out for a drive. Some of us really enjoy this activity. It means we get to go to new and exciting places. Or we may be visiting our extended friends and family.
Unfortunately some Chis are afraid of getting in the car. This may be because they only go for a drive when they’re visiting the V-E-T. If this is the case, perhaps you should take your Chihuahua for short trips to places they may enjoy.
I always enjoy going out to eat with my daddies. I get to sit on one of their laps and do some people watching. If a piece of food happens to fall near me, I grab it.
I also get to go to all family gatherings. And vacations. And the pet store where I get treats.
Helpful Driving Tips
- Keep a bowl and bottled water in your car. You never know when your Chi will get thirsty.
- Put your Chihuahua in a strapped in carrier or special dog seat for little dogs.
- Never drive with your Chihuahua in your lap. A sudden stop, accident or airbag explosion could do some serious damage. A Chihuahua flying out the window is not a pretty sight.
- A free-range Chihuahua in your car could be distracting. And they have a hard time sticking their head out the window for fresh air.
- Never, ever leave your Chi alone in a car, especially if it’s either too hot or too cold. Either way, it could be fatal. Or they could be stolen.
For more information, please read Dangers of Driving With Dogs.