Help! My Chihuahua ate a Chocolate Chip Cookie.

I ate part of a chocolate chip cookie yesterday and boy was it ever good. And I’m here to tell you I survived. No reaction whatsoever. No diarrhea, vomiting, running in circles. Nada.

You see, my daddy dropped part of his cookie when it broke and I was right on top of it. Nothing gets past me when it’s drops on the floor. It’s mine.

Anyway, research has found that eating chocolate in large amounts can be toxic to dogs. It’s because chocolate contains theobromine. Can you believe it? This is a xanthine compound in the same family as caffeine, and theophylline. For details on how much chocolate is dangerous, what are the signs and treatments and such, talk with your vet.

1 thought on “Help! My Chihuahua ate a Chocolate Chip Cookie.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.